Thursday, December 17, 2009

---October 23, 2009---

The Word is, in some ways, like manna, I think--I can't keep any over from yesterday--I must go out and gather my bread daily, lest I starve. 

Let me hunger for you more and more, Lord!

----October 24, 2009----

Wow, my stomach HURTS!....Can't eat. 

----October 26, 2009---

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works." Titus 2:11-14 

I re-read this verse at least 10 times. What grace! 

---October 27, 2009---

"It is not that you have gotten God, but he has gotten you...He will do with you what he never did before his call came to you, and he will do with you what he is not doing with other people. Let him have his way." -Oswald Chambers 

 God, how can I thank you enough for knowing me, for calling me? ...and you are unfolding your purposes in me. Me!

----October 30, 2009---

"For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the Lord our God is to us, whenever we call upon him?" Deut 4:7

---October 31, 2009---

"Beware lest one, when he hears the words of this sworn covenant, blesses himself in his heart, saying 'I shall be safe, though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart."Deut 29:19

---November 2, 2009---

This morning I just felt so miserable...my stomach was killing me, I couldn't stand up straight. Worse, though, was the homesickness...I actually went to my suitcase and put on my old AE blue jeans....it made me feel better, at least for a little while. 

"You are my hiding place..."

---November 4, 2009---

I spent the day with Rabab and Fadah again...what an absolute honor. Lord, I can't believe the way you've blessed these relationships...the girls are breathtaking, the families are so richly gracious...blessing, blessing, blessing! 

---November 6, 2009---

   Lord, some days I'm sure I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I'm yours, yours! So loved, so protected, so provided for...and what adventures we have! 

"Who am I, oh Lord God, that you have brought me thus far? And yet it was a small thing in your eyes, O Lord God." 2 Samuel 7

2 comments:

  1. ....God is so good. Thank you for sharing your heart....

    --kaylen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, great Scripture!

    -J.T.

    ReplyDelete