Friday, December 18, 2009

---November 11, 2009---

Lord, you astound me. I've had so much truth spoken into my life this past week--You are preparing to do something new, and I'm amazed and humbled and so, so thankful....Let it be done as you will. 

"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." Rom 11:29

---November 14, 2009---

I can't believe the countless ways you provide every single day...so intimate, you are. I can feel your breath on my neck as you count the hairs on my head. 

"And from Jesus' fullness we have all received, grace upon grace." John 1:16

---November 17, 2009---

Just read Revelation 21-22. I'm in tears at the majesty. Come, Lord Jesus!  

---November 20, 2009---

I was going to go do some work at the school this afternoon, but Abba kept me back. He wants me all to himself--fine with me! Let's talk, Lord...

---November 24, 2009---

Words cannot describe the beauty of this love...how deeply he speaks, how intimately and extravagantly he knows and nurtures me...All the things he's taught and shown me...

---November 26, 2009---

I feel a little guilty--I don't write as much as I should about my physical/material adventures and experiences here--every time I pick up this pen, all that floods out is prayer and praise! 

---November 28, 2009---

"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome, for whoever has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that overcomes the world--our faith." 1 John 5:3-4 
Lord, I know I must begin each new day by begging on my wn behalf...so I plead for your Spirit anew, that you might strengthen and establish me in truth and love, that I may obey. I desire to love and honor you with my ALL, and you will not despise this prayer...you will come. 

---December 1, 2009---

"This is my body, which is broken for you..." Luke 22:19

Oh, Baba...my heart has become so calloused to the cross. How is it possible for me to be so indifferent to the unspeakable scandal of Golgotha? Cut me t o the heart, Baba--I am so misaligned. 

---December 3, 2009---

So many memories made here, Lord--such wonderful evenings spent with my girls. I've been adopted to yet another family--I'm going over for couscous this afternoon to make everything official....haha. 

---December 4, 2009---

"Glory in his holy name; 
Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! 
Seek the Lord and his strength; 
seek his presence continually!" Psalm 105:3-4 

---December 5, 2009---

"Do not be wise in your own eyes." Proverbs 3:7 

---December 7, 2009---

"The grace you had yesterday will not be sufficient for today...pray now...keep on drawing on the grace of God." Oswald Chambers. 

It's true, Lord...help me to maintain an open stream of grace between you and I...I'm sick again and so worn out...Let me finish strong, in your strength...Breathe in me, I feel so weak. 

But most of all, I thank you for these moments, that I learn to rely on you! 

---December 10, 2009---

...I don't know what to write, Lord. These pages couldn't hold the praises that you're due...this pen does not have the power to record all the ways you've loved and taught me here. These months have been an absolute gift...grace upon grace....If I've been able to serve, to bless others, I am humbled...but somehow I feel only like a spoiled princess, here, in your hand. 

Eyes can't see the way you hold me
Or how I'm hidden in your heart. 
Minds don't know all you have told me. 
Or how I ache for where you are...

It's invisible to the world. 
Incredible to the angels...
Not since Eden have they seen this sight, 
Everlasting life...

You are 
All over, 
You are 
Around 
You are 
Inside, 
This is life, 
This is life...

2 comments:

  1. ....I get goose bumps reading some of this...especially the Scripture. Thanks for sharing just a little of your heart and experiences!

    --T.J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are beautiful.

    --Katie P

    ReplyDelete