Friday, December 11, 2009

I hate goodbyes...so I won't say it tonight.

I leave in 5 hours.

---------------------------------------

[text I got this morning from a student]

"Goodbye friend I hope to you good travels.
Thank you for everything. You are the best
teacher. I love you so much I will miss you.
We are not in the same place but we see the
same sky. Because of this I will see the sky
and remember the days I spent with you.
Thanks for everything. Bye."

--------------------------------------

[over tea this morning, from my adopted 'uncle' Talib]

"We hope to Allah that you will return to us soon.
This is your family, your tent now. You won't leave
us forever, I know that. You'll come back and we will
wait here for you. "

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWW! *wipe tear away* Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made big differences in this world, Sarah. There's more to come, I know it. I wish I had advice to give you, but you're in a bigger game than I ever will be (this is GOOD, because you can DO IT! :) ). Trust in God, the rest will happen on its own.
    Love you much,
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-(
    You know, parenthetically, there are few callings higher than that of Teacher.

    ReplyDelete