Saturday, September 5, 2009

<3

I can be so ugly sometimes. 

Do you ever take a mental step back and marvel at your own words and actions? How can I fill so many journal pages with love letters to God and spend so much time in the Word, and yet slip so easily into impatience, pride, or selfishness? 

But "where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more". Oh, how inexpressibly beautiful is His amazing Grace!

 I always intend to write something funny or informative on this blog, and I'm sorry if I always seem to lapse into 'religious' rhetoric, but friends, I can't betray my heart. And truth is, with every new day, I really do love him more. As I walk through every simple, unimportant hour of my little life, he condescends to guide me and keep me in his most intimate, glorious company. 

The Ancient of Days, Almighty Yahweh--I am his. And it is not through thunder and force that he's molding me. It's his whispers and kisses that change me--gently, but firmly. 

Because I love him, my Abba. And it's love that inspires a difference. And it's grace that enables me to escape myself. 

Joy is mine. And maybe, as he gives me courage, I'll be beautiful. 

 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for life and godliness. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and goodness. Through this, he has given us his great and precious promises so that you might share his divine nature and escape the corruption caused by our own desires.

  In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. -2 Peter 1:3-7

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful...He is so good. I miss you so, so much, lovely. Keep after Him. Love you...

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your heart! You're a blessing. Miss you!

    -D

    ReplyDelete