Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Grace

I had a dream last night...

And I don't know if it was supernatural or not. 

But I do know I'll always remember it. 


I can't remember details much, except for the very end. 

I do know I was trapped somewhere, dark and cold. 

I didn't know why I was there. 

But I also knew I had no way of getting myself out. 

It was strange and frightening...

But something changed.

Someone rescued me! 

A man, someone I'd never met before

Opened a door I didn't know was there. 

Said that he had paid for me to be freed. 

I was puzzled and peered up at his face and asked, "But, why?"

After all...I had never seen him before. 

What made me worthy of his rescue? 

And he answered me...

And his words were as clear as day 

And echoed in my ears even after I awoke. 

He said, 

"I'm not giving you grace because of something you've done.

I'm giving you grace because of what you cannot do.

And he picked me up, and carried me out into the sun. 

3 comments:

  1. That's astounding. Awesome.
    --Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. thats incredible
    -benguth

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just gave me the chillllsss.

    -SD

    ReplyDelete