Thursday, September 24, 2009

Departure

I hardly know what to write. 

I'm leaving for Algeria in just a few hours. It will be an over 24-hour journey from Saudi to the Saharawi refugee camps outside Tindouf. 3 planes, two bags, one half-frightened girl. 

But, 

as much as I feel like I'm stepping out into thin air, 

as inadequate as I believe myself to be, 

as difficult as the months ahead may prove to be, 

I know that my hand is in His, and that is enough. 

It is enough. 

Who can tell what I'll learn, what I'll lose, who I'll love, how I'll change? 

But we don't really need answers. 

We just need Him. 

And I can't wait to meet Him in ways I've never met Him before. 

I have been on my knees, in awe of the honor He's given me. 

To go, bearing His name, among these beautiful strangers who have suffered so much. 

I am not worthy, and still, he sends me. 

                               ----He's identified me as his own, what an incredible gamble!! 
I beg for your prayers. 

Not prayers for my comfort, safety, or ease, 

but for humility, obedience, and courage. 

“For God, who said ‘Let light shine out of darkness’ has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.” 2 Corinthians 4:6-7




2 comments:

  1. I’ll be praying for you, my inspirational and courageous friend. Both for your safety and that God will continue to work through you to touch the lives of those you meet on your journey to come… just as he’s touched those you’ve met on your journey thus far.

    “The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.” Numbers 6:24-26

    -jdp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I knew this day would inevitabley come. I am so excited for you. With everything you are doing, it makes me proud to say that you're my friend. Like I've said before, I am so jealous of what you are able to do. I wish I could travel along with you on this journey. Maybe I could utilize some of my new nursing skills next time. haha. But you will do a wonderful job showing those individuals just who God is and just how big His love truly is. May God bless you in extraordinary ways. I will pray for you continuously because it is prayer that brings much needed spiritual support. Much love Sarah. God's speed, strength, wisdom, love, and blessing.
    -BenGuth

    ReplyDelete