Thursday, September 10, 2009

2 weeks and counting.

Well, life is quiet and pleasant here in Jeddah lately. 

Just fasting, reading, studying during the day and dinner, games, and movies with the family at night. 

It's getting easier to go without food during the day, but it's really starting to get exhausting, getting up every morning at 3 A.M. Lately I feel very weak. I'm trying to do a better job of getting rest and eating well at night. Ramadan is certainly a challenge! 

I am leaving for Algeria in two weeks...I can't believe it! I feel humbler with every day...It is going to be such an honor and a challenge. 

I can't believe the news I got from Christ the Rock today, though (the church that is sending me to the refugee camps)--a lot of financial support has been pouring in for me!! I'm on my way to being able to pay for everything I need--I'm SO thankful!! I can hardly believe the generosity of some of my relatives and friends...I think it's so beautiful, the way that the body of Christ takes care of each other. God is good. :) 

Love you, friends! Thanks for the emails. I miss you all so so much. 

1 comment:

  1. Girl...I'm so proud of you. That is all. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete