Friday, October 9, 2009

It has not been an easy few days.

I knew this period would come.

I want to watch the seasons change back home. I want be near my loved ones. I want to rest on a real bed and drink cold, clean water.

I’m tired. I’m sick. I’m covered from head to toe with bug bites that keep me up at night. I feel frazzled and small and un-beautiful.

I haven’t cried since I left home, but I came very close today.

I know this won’t last. I know this is worth it. But that doesn’t make it any easier.

I thank God for the perseverance and courage I know I am gaining. I truly am excited for the ways I'm being refined and stretched. I pray I’ll be able to manifest Christ in a whole new way as I travel through these months. . .

Miss you all....

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

2 comments:

  1. I believe in you. You inspire me.

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, I hope you are choosing pure joy right now. Embrace these moments, even tho they are painful. There is a sweetness in the hard times that isn't there in the good times.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete